Last updated 31 October 2014.
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited of The All England Lawn Tennis Club, Church Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 5AE ("AELTC”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
IBM, as the ‘Official Supplier of Information Technology’ to AELTC, provides the equipment and services to build and host the Site.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is AELTC.
Information AELTC may collect from you
AELTC may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give AELTC. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with AELTC by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, subscribe to AELTC’s service, search for a product, place an order on AELTC’s Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site, enter a ballot, competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give AELTC may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information AELTC collects about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Site AELTC may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full ‘Uniform Resource Locators’ (or ‘URL’) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call AELTC’s customer service number.
- Information AELTC receives from other sources. AELTC may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites AELTC operates or the other services AELTC provides. AELTC is also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and/or credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
AELTC uses information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to AELTC. AELTC will use this information:
- to carry out AELTC’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and AELTC and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from AELTC;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services AELTC offers that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties (such as the Lawn Tennis Association (the “LTA”)) to provide you, with information about goods or services AELTC feels may interest you. If you are an existing customer, AELTC will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where AELTC permits selected third parties to use your data, AELTC (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which AELTC collects your data;
- to notify you about changes to AELTC’s service; and
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information AELTC collects about you. AELTC will use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of AELTC’s service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of AELTC’s efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising AELTC serves to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information AELTC receives from other sources. AELTC may combine this information with information you give to us and information AELTC collects about you. AELTC may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information AELTC receives).
Disclosure of your information
AELTC may share your personal information with any member of AELTC’s group, which means AELTC’s subsidiaries, AELTC’s ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
AELTC may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract AELTC enters into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. [AELTC does not disclose information about identifiable individuals to AELTC’s advertisers, but AELTC may provide them with aggregate information about AELTC’s users (for example, AELTC may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). AELTC may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). AELTC may make use of the personal data it has collected from you to enable AELTC to comply with its advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience];
- analytics and search engine providers that assist AELTC in the improvement and optimisation of the Site; and
- [Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of AELTC entering into a contract with you.]
AELTC may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that AELTC sells or buys any business or assets, in which case AELTC may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if AELTC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if AELTC is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Terms of Website Use, Acceptable Use Policy, Ballot Terms and Conditions, Ticket Conditions of Sale and Conditions of Entry and any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of AELTC, AELTC’s customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The AELTC Shop
The Championships, Wimbledon online shop (the “Shop”) on the Site is operated by a company called Kitbag Limited of 2 Gregory Street, Hyde, Cheshire, SK14 4TH (registered number 5933624) on AELTC’s behalf.
As well as the general uses listed above, by accessing the Shop or by signing up to merchandise e-newsletters, you agree that AELTC may use your information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil orders you make via the Shop and send you email communications in connection with such orders.
- To respond to any queries you make about the items on the Shop.
- To send you information about other merchandise in which you might be interested.
As well as the general uses listed above, by applying for tickets to The Championships, Wimbledon, you agree that AELTC may use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with tickets, services, account information and support. For example, AELTC might send you emails about your ticket purchase.
- To identify trends and interests. AELTC uses your information to get to better understand your preferences so AELTC can improve its offering to you and so that your experience with AELTC is more relevant and personal. AELTC may combine information it gets from you with information about you AELTC obtains from third parties, including to analyse customer behaviour.
- To monitor and improve AELTC’s products, services and websites. AELTC analyses information to prevent or detect unlawful behaviour or to protect or enforce legal rights. For example, AELTC may use your information to prevent ticket touting, misuse of AELTC’s intellectual property, or fraud (including credit card fraud) or other crimes.
- For security purposes. AELTC may use your information to protect its security and the security of AELTC’s employees and customers, third parties and/or AELTC’s/their property as permitted by law.
- For marketing purposes. Where you've agreed, you may be contacted by AELTC by email, text message, telephone or other means with information or offers regarding AELTC’s upcoming events, products or services.
In order to pursue any of the purposes for which AELTC may use your information, AELTC may also pass and share your information with third parties who provide services to AELTC. AELTC may also share your information with the LTA and other tournaments or events in which AELTC is involved.
Where AELTC stores your personal data
[All information you provide to us is stored on AELTC’s secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where AELTC has given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although AELTC will do its best to protect your personal data, AELTC cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once AELTC has received your information, AELTC will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask AELTC not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. AELTC will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if AELTC intends to use your data for such purposes or if AELTC intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms AELTC uses to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting AELTC at The All England Lawn Tennis Club, Church Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 5AE or Contact Us.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of AELTC partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that AELTC does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet AELTC’s costs in providing you with details of the information AELTC holds about you.